What is the secret of going from band 7 to 8 in IELTS speaking?

 We will tell you two ways to go from a 7.0 band to an 8.0/9.0 band in IELTS speaking through the present article. It has some essential secrets that native speakers know that you don’t. But if you read the article and do the exercises, you will have the secrets within the next 20 minutes.

One of the differences between band 7.0 and band 8.0 speaking is using the right tone of expression when speaking. Non-native speakers often sound impolite or short and abrupt when they are expressing dislikes. I’m going to tell you how to avoid this in three easy steps.

Another thing is that in band 8.0, you need to express exact meanings. A band 8.0 candidate can say whether they dislike something only a little or you dislike it very much with a natural choice of words. I’m going to give you some different expressions to use in these situations.

Everything you learn in this article is about speaking.


IELTS COACHING IN LAXMI NAGAR


Words can sound sad, angry, happy…

One thing to learn is that we use softeners to make our negative spoken statements less direct.  These softeners prevent us from sounding like we want to argue. When you don’t use them, the native speaker might think you are angry with them or want to pick a fight with them.

You have probably seen a list of language functions for expressing likes that goes something like this: It is my cup of tea, I am into, I enjoy

Here are two more expressions: I am a big fan of…, I am crazy about…

So, do you think we can just put “not” with these phrases to make them negative?

It is not my cup of tea; I am not into it; I do not enjoy…

Can we say them in this way?

The answer is going to be no, right? Or why would I be asking the question?

So, what are the first three rules for making yourself sound friendly and polite when expressing a dislike in English?

  1. Contract any notes and auxiliary verbs

Don’t say No, I do not enjoy swimming but say No, I don’t enjoy swimming

  1. Add adverbs

No, I don’t really enjoy swimming


  1. Add discourse markers

Ahh.  Well, no.

Above all this the best way to say this dislike                                                                              Ahh.  Well, no. I don’t really enjoy swimming


We are going to show you three easy steps with some examples.

The following are all alternatives to “It is not my cup of tea” which are much more natural to say. You should avoid saying “it is not my cup of tea” because it sounds so old-fashioned. 

  • Oh, well, I’m not very much into nightclubs and dancing. Do you fancy a film instead?

  • Ahh, no, I don’t really enjoy my job, but it pays the bills, I guess

  • Actually, I’m not exactly crazy about the way people waste food.

  • Hmm, I’m not really into zoos at all. In fact, they make me rather sad.

  • I have to say that I’m not hugely a fan of football stars earning so much money.

  • Well, I don’t care too much for the way people throw litter on the street.


For more information about IELTS, you can visit IELTS COACHING IN LAXMI NAGAR or BEST IELTS COACHING IN LAXMI NAGAR

.

Hope you find this article help you. Thanks



Email - cambridgelaxminagar@gmail.com

Website - https://cambridgeenglishacademy.com/ielts-coaching-in-laxmi-nagar/

Contact No - 9667728146


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best IELTS Coaching In Delhi | Best IELTS Coaching In Laxmi Nagar

Get 30% off on IELTS Coaching In Laxmi Nagar with Cambridge English Academy (CEA) India

The Best IELTS Coaching Classes in Laxmi Nagar